10 May Staff Feature: Dr. Kevin Head
Dr. Kevin Head just became the newest partner at True Dental! We already know he’s great but we want to share with you all how awesome he is by getting to know him a little better!
Name: Dr. Kevin Head
Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB
Astrological sign / Birthday: Aries / April 16, 1985
Role / position at True Dental: Dentist (Owner/Partner)
- What is your training/expertise/position?
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in Biochemistry) from the University of Winnipeg in 2007. I then went on to receive a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Manitoba in 2011. I have been practicing as a Dentist for the past 8 years.
- When you were a child, what did you dream of being when you grew up? (If it wasn’t in the dental industry – when & why did you decide to work in the dental industry?)
When I was a child, I dreamt of being a race car driver; however, after I graduated from high school I decided I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. My passion for medicine, my desire to help others, my caring nature, my attention to detail and my enjoyment of working with my hands made a career in dentistry a natural choice.
- What are True Dental’s core values and what makes it unique?
At True Dental, our goal is to treat every patient like a member of our own family. We strive to provide comprehensive dental care in a relaxed, no-pressure environment, in a state-of-the-art facility with flexible hours.
- What is your favourite thing about being part of the True Dental team?
True Dental staff is my favourite part of working at True Dental and is also what makes our clinic so unique. We are an energetic team that treat each other and all patients like family.
- What is your #1 advice for your patients?
Floss like a boss!
- Who has influenced you the most? Why?
My parents have influenced me the most out of anyone in my life. They have always been there for me every step of the way providing me with unconditional love, support and guidance. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them!
- What 3 adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
Genuine, Caring, Patient.
- What’s your favourite place or thing to do on weekends/in your spare time?
My favourite thing to do in my spare time is to be outdoors doing various activities such as camping, hiking, boating, travelling and spending quality time with my girlfriend, 2 fur babies, family and friends.
- What’s your most bizarre or unique talent?
- If you could give your young adult self a piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t sweat the small stuff.