26 May COVID-19 Update | May 25th, 2020
Dear valued patients,
We are continuing to communicate and follow all recommendations from our Provincial and local Health Authority, and our Governing bodies, both The College of Dental Surgeons of BC and the College of Dental Hygienists of BC. Our office has always demonstrated a high level of attention towards the personal safety of our patients and staff, but with COVID-19 it has undoubtedly changed the way we do dentistry. In preparation for our patients to return, while we wait for our additional PPE to arrive that is needed to protect you and our staff, we wanted to let you know what we are doing in order to keep you safe during this time.
- Your appointments may look different than what you have experienced in the past. We will require all patients to complete a pre-screen questionnaire over the phone with one of our skilled administration team members, to book an appointment. We will then email you a consent for treatment during COVID-19 form that we will ask you to fill out the day of your appointment at home and bring with you to your appointment. Without the consent form or completing the pre-screen questionnaire, we will not be able to book an appointment or see you in our office.
- We are asking all patients to remain in their cars when they arrive to our office. Please call our office to advise that you have arrived, and we will provide you with instructions on when we can bring you into the office in order to respect social distancing and to limit the number of patients and staff we have in the office at any one time. In addition, we have reduced the number of appointments per day to reduce potential contact with other patients.
- We have removed all items including magazines and kids’ books and games from our waiting area. Currently, we are not accepting any patients in the reception waiting area and have set up a protocol to prevent this.
- We have set up hand sanitizer stations at the front entrance and ask all patients to use the sanitizer before and after their appointments.
- We are recording all staff’s health daily including temperatures.
- We will be including enhanced personal protective equipment at each appointment in accordance with the Provincial guidelines. Currently we are waiting for our PPE to arrive at our office to determine our patient schedules with staff.
- We are asking that if you do not have an appointment, that you do not enter the office. If you do have a scheduled appointment, we ask that you arrive alone without additional family members to respect social distancing. Should you require assistance or need a parent/guardian to accompany you to your appointment, both members will be required to be screened and present consent to treatment form before entering the office.
- To keep our patients safe our washroom facilities will be limited. We ask that you plan your appointment appropriately.
- Our reception area is waiting for our plexiglass barriers to arrive. In the meantime, our reception team will be wearing masks and protective eyewear to greet and interact with patients.
- We will require more time for each appointment. We ask that you understand that your appointment will be longer than usual, and the time between each appointment will be extended to allow our staff to properly disinfect all surfaces to a more enhanced level.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY SEEING LIMITED PATIENTS FOR EMERGENCY TREATMENT AND EXAMS. WE WILL CONTACT ALL OF OUR PATIENTS WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO SEE PATIENTS FOR CLEANINGS AND GENERAL DENTISTRY. WE ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS TIME AS WE PREPARE TO RECEIVE OUR PPE IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOU AND OUR STAFF.
We have kept a record of all patient appointments that have been affected by our closure. Once we have all the PPE necessary, we will be contacting all patients to reschedule their appointments.
Dr Don MacRae, Dr Jeff Krawchuk, Dr Ersilia Coccaro, Dr Kevin Head